This week in Year 4, we have been investigating our Digital Technologies Policy. We have been learning about the different parts of this policy, unpacking the key words, including unknown words like ‘copyright’ and ‘ethics’. We discussed what our expectations are when we are using our technology to help us with our learning.
We will all receive a copy of the policy and agreement. Once we have read and talked about this with our family, we need to tick the boxes and sign our name. This shows that we understand and agree to follow the expectations.
- What is one understanding that you have about our policy?
- Why is it important that we understand our policy?
A friendly reminder that we start swimming lessons tomorrow – Thursday February, 7th.
- Wear your swimming bathers underneath your sport uniform or bring them to change at 1st break
- Use a small waterproof bag to keep your belongings safe
- Children with long hair must tie their hair back or wear a swimming cap
- Bring thongs to change into and wear at the leisure centre to keep our socks and shoes dry
- Bring clean underwear to change into after swimming
- Label all clothing and items with your child’s name
We are excited to practise our super swimming skills over the coming weeks!
Why is it important to learn to swim?
How can you follow the FARM code at the pool?
Welcome Penguins, Seals and Turtles to Year Four!
We have have made a fantastic start to the school year and have been getting to know our home groups for 2019.
We have been demonstrating our understanding of the FARM code – in morning gatherings, transitions, library, learning time, outside play, inside play and at eating time.
We are looking forward to sharing our learning adventures on this blog. We will keep you updated about our learning experiences, provide reminders and important information.
You will find weekly and termly reminders in our Whats On section.
Make sure you click the ‘follow’ button (found on the right hand side of this blog page) so that you don’t miss anything!
Please fill in the google form about which experiment you would like to investigate further.