In writing we have been learning about the importance of following instructions in procedural texts. Ask someone in your family to follow these instructions and see how they go. Good luck!
- Select any of the games from the above page to play.
- What punctuation do you need to include when writing sentences?
- What vocabulary and grammar does a great sentence have?
- What is a contraction?
- What are some contractions that you know?
- Can you use contractions in your writing?
- How many different homophones can you find?
- Can you write a sentence using homophones correctly?
READING FOR MEANING GAMES
Good readers use lots of different strategies to check:
Does it look right?
Does it sound right?
Does it make sense?_______________________________________________________________________________
- What skills and strategies did you use to find the missing word?
- How do text clues help you to infer meaning?
- What are the different purposes for writing a text?
- What text clues can you use to identify the text type and purpose?
- What is a noun, verb, adjective and adverb?
- Why is understanding the role of these parts of speech important in creating sentences?
Literacy Planet – Word Mania
- What spelling patterns have you learned?
- What new words have you learned?
- How does Word Mania help you with your reading and writing?
- What do you still find challenging?