Life on the Goldfields
This term we are learning about the Gold Rush in Australia. We will explore what life on the goldfields, beginning with our camp next week at Sovereign Hill.
To help you think about this, analyse each of the images in the Google Form.
What do you see, think and wonder?
What puzzles you?
What would you like to explore further?
What do you know about refugees?
Spelling Games for ou and ow
Read the sentence and then click on the missing word. Use clues from the sentence to help you work out what word is missing.
Use this online dictionary to clarify any unfamiliar words in your text.
- In your Learning Journal write the unfamiliar word.
- Type this word into the online dictionary to find its meaning.
- Write the definition of this word in your Learning Journal.
- Write this word in a sentence using your own words.
- Write 3 synonyms (similar words) for this word.