Learning Intention: I can reflect on the message about choices that Jesus gives in scripture.
I know I have been successful if I have identified the choices made in the parable of the Good Samaritan.
A parable is a story that is told to teach a lesson. Jesus told parables to teach others about God and he challenged his followers to see their lives in a different way.
He inspired them to think about the choices that they made it their everyday lives.
One of the most well known is the Parable of the Good Samaritan.
Watch the clip below:
Complete the following THINK, PUZZLE, EXPLORE. Write your answers in a Google Doc.
- Why do you THINK the priest and levite walked past the injured man?
- What do you THINK Jesus is telling us about choices in this parable?
- What questions or puzzles do you have?
- How could you explore this message further?
Year of ‘Laudato Si’
Care for our common home
- What does this mean to you?
- What connections did you make?
- What does this mean for us?
- What questions do you have?
Our Lenten Journey
Each week during Lent we will focus on a Caritas story from around the world. Doney’s story is the main story of hope and ‘Learning for Change’.
What is a strength you recognised in Doney’s community?