Click here to log in to your assigned assessment tasks
The Year Threes will be travelling to Camp Narmbool this Thursday!
Leaving from SMCM Thursday 8th November at 8:45am
Returning to SMCM Friday 9th November by 4:00pm
Please be at school by 8:30am to check in any medication with your teacher and to be ready to load our bags on the buses, ensuring we are ready to leave on time.
If you have any questions, please see your teacher
And just like that, Term 4 has begun!
Here are a few friendly reminders as we’ve had our first look into sunshine and warmer weather:
- Take your gumboots home
- Always wear hats outside – we are SUNSMART
- School sun hats are the only hats permitted
- If you do not have a school sun hat, you will be asked to play under cover
- By the end of next week (Week 2) all students should be in correct summer uniform
A mix of summer and winter uniform is not permitted – black tights should not be worn with summer dresses
Sports tops should only be worn with sports uniform
School shoes should be worn with summer uniform
Runners should only be worn with sports uniform
A written notification should given to the teacher if correct shoes are not available
- Students should wear matching hair ties or hair ribbons – school colours are preferred
- Jewellery such as rings, bracelets, etc is not to be worn. It can be:
- Dangerous and cause injuries
- A distraction to those wearing it and others
- Upsetting if lost or broken
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your teacher.
Tomorrow is our Book Week Parade!
If you do not have a costume to wear, we encourage you to design your own by putting an outfit together that relates to a character in a book. If students do not have a book related outfit then please come in your full sport uniform.
Students will be in placed into different buildings by their last name.
The Rise: Family names A-F
The Lane (the newest of our buildings): Family names G-M
The Boulevard: Family names N-Z
The parade will begin at 9:30am!
Hope to see you there!
The Year Threes are currently learning about multimodal texts. We are reading, viewing and listening to texts independently on our Chromebooks. We might be completing these activities while our peers are completing another activity so we need to use our own headphones.
- If you haven’t got headphones at school, please bring them in as soon as possible
- Please see your teacher if this is a problem
To celebrate the Year Threes having their Chromebooks, we’ve shared our SMCM desktop wallpaper.
What do you like about the wallpaper?
What do you still find challenging when using a Chromebook?
The Year Threes are very excited about creating and making our models for our Inquiry unit – ‘The Future Is In Our Hands… How Can I Make A Difference!’
To assist with our creating and making session tomorrow, we are asking that you bring in the materials you need to create your model.
We are also asking for donations of the following items to help others:
- Boxes (shoe boxes, cereal boxes etc)
- Bottle tops
- Tubes (paper towel/cling wrap/aluminium foil tubes etc)
- Fabric scraps
- Paint swatches (as from Bunnings)
- If you have any/all of these items, please send them into school tomorrow.
*For hygiene reasons, we will not be able to accept donations of toilet rolls.