The SMCM Middle School are excited to start swimming lessons tomorrow Friday 9th February.
- Wear your swimming bathers underneath your sport uniform
- Use a small swimming bag to keep your belongings safe
- Children with long hair must tie their hair back or wear a swimming cap
- Bring thongs to change into and wear at the leisure centre to keep our socks and shoes dry
- Bring clean underwear to change into after swimming
- Label all clothing and items with your child’s name
- Parent helpers are required to meet at the leisure centre
Why is it important to learn to swim?
How can you Act Safe at the pool?
Excursion day has arrived! Today, the Wattles and Waratahs went into the city to watch the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra perform their show, “Meet the Orchestra” and “Bamboozled” at Hamer Hall. We stopped off for lunch at the National Gallery of Victoria before being taken on a musical journey. We met the different sections of the orchestra through classical music pieces and theme songs. Then, we used our body percussion and vocal skills by joining in to help create the Bamboozled music, along with the other audience members and with the MSO.
What were the different sections of the orchestra? Did you have a favourite section?
What instrument would you most like to play? Why?
Watch the clips of the traditional aboriginal dance. As you watch think about the costumes, music and actions.
What did you notice about the costumes and body art the dancers are wearing?
What instruments can you hear?
Can you retell parts of the story told through dance?
How did you feel when you watched the video?
What words would you use to describe the music and dance?
Leave a comment below.
Dreaming stories pass on important knowledge, cultural values and belief systems to younger generations. These stories are expressed through song, dance, painting and storytelling. Indigenous Australians have maintained a link with the Dreaming from ancient times to today, creating a rich cultural heritage.
Watch the video below.
What is the message in this story?