This term we have begun our scientific exploring by following procedures to conduct experiments. We have been discussing the need to follow a procedure, why a scientist would do a particular experiment, the importance of reflecting on the outcome and possible factors that may change the results, like the weather, and enjoying having fun with our learning!
Reflecting over your investigations so far, we wonder…
- What methods and procedures need to be followed to conduct scientific investigations?
- What did you enjoy and why?
- Were your hypothesis accurate? Why/Why not?
- How and why do materials and matter change?
- What did you learn from conducting experiments?
- What would you like to test further?
- How do scientific understandings, discoveries and inventions affect people’s lives?