This term we have begun our scientific exploring by following procedures to conduct experiments. We have been discussing the need to follow a procedure, why a scientist would do a particular experiment, the importance of reflecting on the outcome and possible factors that may change the results, like the weather, and enjoying having fun with our learning!
Reflecting over your investigations so far, we wonder…
- What methods and procedures need to be followed to conduct scientific investigations?
- What did you enjoy and why?
- Were your hypothesis accurate? Why/Why not?
- How and why do materials and matter change?
- What did you learn from conducting experiments?
- What would you like to test further?
- How do scientific understandings, discoveries and inventions affect people’s lives?
And just like that, Term 4 has begun!
Here are a few friendly reminders as we’ve had our first look into sunshine and warmer weather:
- Take your gumboots home
- Always wear hats outside – we are SUNSMART
- School sun hats are the only hats permitted
- If you do not have a school sun hat, you will be asked to play under cover
- By the end of next week (Week 2) all students should be in correct summer uniform
Sports tops should only be worn with sports uniform
School shoes should be worn with summer uniform
Runners should only be worn with sports uniform
- Students should wear matching hair ties or hair ribbons – school colours are preferred
- Jewellery such as rings, bracelets, etc is not to be worn. It can be:
- Dangerous and cause injuries
- A distraction to those wearing it and others
- Upsetting if lost or broken
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your teacher.