In Science this term, the middle years students will explore heat.
As part of this unit students are asked to find things at home that are heat sources and take a photo and post it to the blog or write about their findings on the blog.
Safety note: remember to use safe ways to search for heat sources, including slowly moving a hand towards something and withdrawing before it gets too hot.
Tasks to do:
- Brainstorm with family and friends different objects at home that are heat sources and discuss if each one is warm, hot or very hot.
- Discuss whether the object is producing heat or was heated by something else.
- A hairdryer. The vent area can get hot. It produces its own heat.
- A globe in a bedside lamp. It can get hot. It produces its own heat.
- A saucepan on stove. It gets very hot. It is heated by something else (a gas burner).
- Students to choose one object that is a heat source and share it with a photo or description of it on the blog.
Thank you! Happy searching!
PS: challenge yourself to try and find something different to what everyone else posts.