Martial Arts Therapy!

We kicked off the Term 4 with Martial Arts Therapy (MAT) Program with Irena. Today we learnt about MAT’s philosophy which is to BE STRONG, BE CALM, BE KIND and TRY HARD.  We looked at our breathing and focus techniques.

• What part of MAT Program did you like most?
  • What position are you going to practise this week?
  • What did you find challenging?
  • How did you feel joining in the MAT Program today?

24 thoughts on “Martial Arts Therapy!

1. Yenuli October 9, 2017 / 6:10 am

Today was a great start to term 4! It was such an awesome day to learn some martial arts and it also
    was a fun and educational way to use teamwork with all the middle students. My favourite part of the MAT program was participating in the games.My favourite position was the crane and the most challenging part was actually remembering all the poses and knowing them by heart. I really enjoyed learning martial arts and participating in it with all the middles!!

• Rachel October 9, 2017 / 6:41 am

What great feedback Yenuli and very glad to hear you also had a great start to the term! My favourite part was learning all the different positions and using them in the games too!! I wonder what part you would like to work on? I think I may be working on my flexibility when moving quickly from different positions!

• Yenuli October 11, 2017 / 6:17 am

Hi Rachel,I also enjoyed playing the martial art games with my friends while participating in the MAT program. I also liked learning something new especially for a start of a fresh and new term. Also learning the martial arts code was fantastic!!

• spacheco28 October 9, 2017 / 8:32 am

Excellent feedback Yenuli. I enjoyed learning about how to focus on our breathing. I will be practising how to roll my shoulders in opposite directions.

• Yenuli October 11, 2017 / 6:03 am

Hi Sandra,the position that was the most hard was probably the crane and also rolling my shoulders in different directions.I think the crane was the most hard because you had to balance.

2. Xavier P October 11, 2017 / 7:19 am

I love doing the mat program it’s was fun and I learnt more about self management

• Rachel October 11, 2017 / 7:27 am

That’s great to hear Xavier! I wonder what you have learnt about yourself and self management?

3. Xavier P October 11, 2017 / 8:08 am

I felt awesome when I finished the program

• Rachel October 11, 2017 / 10:08 am

That’s wonderful to hear Xavier! I wonder what made you feel so great? Which parts did you enjoy? Which parts did you find challenging?

4. Jack.M October 11, 2017 / 8:37 am

I am going to practice all the positions. I enjoyed the palm strike the most. I found the palm strike interesting and challenging. I felt really excited about the MAT program.

• Rachel October 11, 2017 / 10:07 am

Jack that is great to hear that you enjoyed the MAT program and are going to practise all the moves! I also found the palm strike challenging. I wonder what excited you the most about the program?

5. Serafina October 11, 2017 / 10:30 am

Hi everyone, what I’ve been practising on, was the moving shoulders warm up. I finally did it after all that work! My favourite part was when we did the move that we keep changing hands and said HA and had the competition between the first 2 rows and the last 2 rows to see which team was the loudest and had good technique.
    I had so much fun and I hope we do this next year too. 🙂

6. lucas October 11, 2017 / 11:02 pm

I found M.A.T really fun because we get to learn new moves of marshal arts and it was a fun expiriance

7. Azaria October 12, 2017 / 4:49 am

The MAT program is the Best.It is super fun learning different martial arts moves

8. Azaria October 12, 2017 / 4:52 am

The mat program was super fun and even though it was a little bit harder than I thought it would have been. But I was still able to do most of the moves.

• Rachel October 12, 2017 / 5:24 am

That’s great to hear Azaria! I wonder which parts made it hard for you?

9. annmarie81 October 12, 2017 / 10:58 am

I really like and am excited about the MAT program because he at the end of the program, we will able to break a tile with our hand!

• Rachel October 19, 2017 / 5:13 am

Thanks for your feedback Michael! It’s great to hear that you are enjoying the MAT program! I wonder what you are working on to be able to break the tile with your hand at the end?

10. Julia October 13, 2017 / 9:13 am

I also enjoyed playing the Martial Arts Therapy game with my friends! My favourite pose was the palm strike because I liked how we got to say HA!!

• Rachel October 19, 2017 / 5:10 am

Glad to hear Julia! I wonder if you have mastered the different positions of your arms and hands in that pose?

11. Azaria October 17, 2017 / 5:41 am

Thanks for the feedback Rachel! To answer your question the part that made it so hard for me was when we were playing that game and you had to remember all the actions so it was testing my memory!

12. Madison October 18, 2017 / 9:50 am

The Martial Arts Therapy is fun and calming!!!!! I really enjoy playing the Samurai game 😀😀😀

• Rachel October 19, 2017 / 5:07 am

Glad to hear that you are enjoying MAT and finding calming! I wonder why you enjoy playing the Samurai game most?

13. Lena October 26, 2017 / 9:01 am

Martial Arts is the best like Azaria said .
    I had a great time doing the program and I am looking forward to the next MAT class!!!!
    I enjoyed learning the MAT code it was so…………fun I hope we are doing the control game because it is so fun