Our Changing Earth Incursion

Today the Middles investigated and explored how nature changes the Earth through  the natural processes of weathering and erosion. They also explored the ‘rock cycle’ and classified samples of sedimentary, igneous and metamorphic rocks. They observed the effects of chemical weathering through a variety of experiments. What a wonderful way to get us thinking about our inquiry unit.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

• What did you learn today about our changing Earth?
  • What new wonderings do you now have with this new knowledge?

9 thoughts on “Our Changing Earth Incursion

1. melroy February 13, 2017 / 8:35 pm

Nice to see children focussed and listening carefully to understand the way earth is changing and the reasons behind why this might be happening

2. Anastasia February 16, 2017 / 6:23 pm

What a great topic of Inquiry! Xavier mentioned his learnings and his enjoyment of the rock cycle. Great work everyone and all the best for your 2017 learning adventures.

3. Crystal dsouza February 18, 2017 / 4:22 am

I really enjoyed the learning about igneous,sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.I was really excited to learn how nature changes earth.

4. Kudzai Parirenyatwa March 6, 2017 / 7:39 am

What a lovely day we had

5. Kudzai Parirenyatwa March 6, 2017 / 7:41 am

I remember the water crystal turned to gel!

6. Kade Clohesy March 7, 2017 / 5:19 am

This was the best learning experience I have had so far. I learned so much and it was so much fun to do.

7. Aidendenny@21 March 7, 2017 / 6:13 am

I liked the changing the earth incursion because we got to do experiments.My favourite experiment was the eggshell in vinegar because the eggshell turned solid.

8. Phoenix March 7, 2017 / 8:03 am

The changing earth really was! Interesting. It really inspired me to look into the Earth.