21 thoughts on “Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (MSO)

1. Yannick May 9, 2016 / 10:57 am

I enjoyed learning about the different parts of the orchestra – the strings, the brass, the wind and the percussion. I could tell the different sections by the different T-shirts. The strings were wearing blue t-shirts. I would like to play the percussion maybe even the cymbals

• spacheco28 May 10, 2016 / 10:45 am

What is something else you remember about the orchestra? What did you think of Hamer Hall?

• justin May 18, 2016 / 6:48 am

Hi Yannick I really agree that learning the MSO was amazing and I could give you some more information like brass family was red, wood wind family was green and the percussion family was yellow.

BY JUSTIN

2. Josh May 10, 2016 / 10:19 am

I enjoyed when the MSO played music separately. I was surprised when the person made amazing sounds with the electronic instrument. The different sections of orchestra were brass, wind, strings and percussion. I would like to play drums because they are cool.

• aarondean81 May 11, 2016 / 10:22 am

It was great to hear the different instruments on their own. Which section was your favourite?

• Aiden C May 19, 2016 / 9:12 am

The electronic instrument in the orchestra was called a Theremin and I really enjoyed the sounds it made. I would like to learn to play the Theremin as well.

• Mitchell! May 26, 2016 / 9:27 am

The Theremin sounds were awesome and high pitched! I really liked the sounds too Aiden!

3. Jia May 10, 2016 / 10:36 am

I loved the excursion to MSO!

For the performance I enjoyed watching the MSO play the instruments together.

I got surprised by how many performances there were.

The sections were the brass, string, wind, percussion and woodwork.

I would want to play the violin because it is quiet and I like quiet.

• spacheco28 May 10, 2016 / 10:43 am

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it Jia. The violin is a beautiful instrument.

4. Elijah May 11, 2016 / 7:32 am

I liked Bamboozled. I was surprised about the Doctor Who song. I also loved the lights inside Hamer Hall.

• aarondean81 May 11, 2016 / 10:21 am

The Dr Who song was a highlight! What did you find surprising about it?

• Mitchell! May 26, 2016 / 9:25 am

Yeah, I know Elijah! Wasn’t the Dr. Who Song Awesome!

5. Ava C May 11, 2016 / 8:09 am

I enjoyed watching the conductor use the baton to keep everyone in time to the music. I was surprised how loud and soft the orchestra could play. The different parts of the orchestra were the strings family, the percussion family, the brass family and the woodwind family. I would most like to play the harp because it plays nice soft music.

• spacheco28 May 11, 2016 / 8:43 am

Ava I also enjoyed watching the conductor. I wonder how the orchestra kept up with all those moves.

• Elle May 19, 2016 / 9:14 am

Sounds really interesting Ava. I wish I was there. Sounds like I missed out on lots of fun.

6. Camila May 12, 2016 / 6:55 am

What I enjoyed about the performance was the orchestra played together like a team.I was surprised about a strange instrument that made the sound of aliens coming. The sections of the orchestra was- Blue- string Green- wind instruments Red-brass and Yellow- percussion. I would like to play is the flute because it can play a nice little tune.

• Aiden C May 19, 2016 / 9:24 am

The instrument that made the unusal sound is called a Theremin it was in the red section which was brass. If you google cats playing the Theremin which I did, you will see some really funny videos.

7. Madison D May 12, 2016 / 10:06 am

I enjoyed the stories the conductor told us.l was surprised about when we got to sing and dance to bamboozled. The different sections were the strings, percussion, woodwinds, basses and brass.I would like to play the flute because it sounds good.

8. Daniel LE May 12, 2016 / 10:54 am

When we went to see the MSO I thought there was a little bit of instruments.I liked the bit at the end of the concert and the instrument that make sounds for alien invasions.There are four families of instruments and they are called string family,percussion family,brass family and woodwind family.i would like to play the piano because you can practice trying to use one finger for a challenge.

9. jia May 17, 2016 / 10:43 am

I agree with Ava because I also liked watching the conductor!

10. jia May 17, 2016 / 11:06 am

I agree with Daniel.L.I also enjoyed watching the DR.WHO part! The instrument which JEFF was playing was special.