Dear Year Four students,
Your two classes are learning a dance for the community carols event. Carols this year will be on Thursday evening the 13th December, see the newsletter for more information. Your dance will be the song ‘Need a Little Christmas’
Practise your dance at home by using the recording I have below. You can also practise with your home group teacher any chance you have, so you are very prepared.
Enjoy this dance! It is definitely fun and has a bit of a Broadway theme. Jess.
We had such an experience over the last couple of days while at Camp Narmbool!
Have you checked out our SMCM Twitter feed?
- What did you enjoy? Why?
- What did you learn?
- What will you share with your family?
- Did you make new friends? Did you learn something new about them?
- Did you find out anything about yourself that you didn’t know before?
- What was your favourite part about camp?
The Year Threes will be travelling to Camp Narmbool this Thursday!
Leaving from SMCM Thursday 8th November at 8:45am
Returning to SMCM Friday 9th November by 4:00pm
Please be at school by 8:30am to check in any medication with your teacher and to be ready to load our bags on the buses, ensuring we are ready to leave on time.
If you have any questions, please see your teacher
We are working towards achieving our third Resourcesmart Star for reducing Waste at our school. We performed a Waste Audit in order to learn about how much waste we produce at our school.
We found that our main waste stream is food wrappers and banana peels.
Out of six bins we emptied, there 170 food wrappers and 58 banana peels!
What can you do to reduce waste at our school?
What happens to this waste that we put in our bins?
Share your ideas here and let’s work together to be Sustainable!
This term we have begun our scientific exploring by following procedures to conduct experiments. We have been discussing the need to follow a procedure, why a scientist would do a particular experiment, the importance of reflecting on the outcome and possible factors that may change the results, like the weather, and enjoying having fun with our learning!
Reflecting over your investigations so far, we wonder…
- What methods and procedures need to be followed to conduct scientific investigations?
- What did you enjoy and why?
- Were your hypothesis accurate? Why/Why not?
- How and why do materials and matter change?
- What did you learn from conducting experiments?
- What would you like to test further?
- How do scientific understandings, discoveries and inventions affect people’s lives?
And just like that, Term 4 has begun!
Here are a few friendly reminders as we’ve had our first look into sunshine and warmer weather:
- Take your gumboots home
- Always wear hats outside – we are SUNSMART
- School sun hats are the only hats permitted
- If you do not have a school sun hat, you will be asked to play under cover
- By the end of next week (Week 2) all students should be in correct summer uniform
Sports tops should only be worn with sports uniform
School shoes should be worn with summer uniform
Runners should only be worn with sports uniform
- Students should wear matching hair ties or hair ribbons – school colours are preferred
- Jewellery such as rings, bracelets, etc is not to be worn. It can be:
- Dangerous and cause injuries
- A distraction to those wearing it and others
- Upsetting if lost or broken
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your teacher.
Good afternoon sensational Year Three’s,
As you know, we are learning to play the ukulele in Performing Arts. We are becoming confident tuners and now we are also focusing on strumming.
We have many eager dreamers who would love to become leaders. Yes it rhymes 🙂Many of you have asked me to put up information about where to buy a good quality ukulele, if you practise you’ll be playing songs before you know it!
Check out the links below if you’re interested in buying your own ukulele.
Firstly I only recommend one type from JB Hifi, it isn’t the cheapest but you will save on postage and it comes with a built in tuner which is fantastic. The cheaper ukuleles from JB hifi I don’t recommend, so if you want to see before you buy this is one I recommend.
JB Hifi: Tribute TRI-UKSEQ Zebra Wood Electric Acoustic Soprano Ukulele (with built in tuner)
OTHERWISE: This is also what we use in class. But they need to be ordered online. Here are my recommendations:
Hi Yrs 3 and 4 – here is your reflection task for today.
Responding to Art – Reflection 12/09/2018
What challenged your thinking in Visual Art this term?
Which piece of art did you connect with the most, ‘The Dancer’ or ‘Pelicans and Waterways’?
Why do you think you connected more with that piece than the other?
When producing your own piece of art in response to these, what did you find worked well?
What did you find a challenge or difficult?
Did your piece work out the way you would have liked or expected?
If you could have changed anything about your artwork, what would it have been?
What medium did you prefer to use – grey lead, watercolour, pastels, crayons?
Why was that your prefered medium?